DESERT WEEK CONCLUDED

Big Bend National Park in Texas has national significance as the largest protected area of Chihuahuan Desert topography and ecology in the United States. It contains more than 1,200 species of plants, more than 450 species of birds, 56 species of reptiles, and 75 species of mammals…. For more than 1,000 miles (1,600 km), the Rio Grande/Río Bravo forms the boundary between Mexico and the United States, and Big Bend National Park administers approximately 118 miles (190 km) along that boundary. The park was named after the area, which is bounded by a large bend in the river, and Texas–Mexico border.  Wikipedia

Photo Pat Jette

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to DESERT WEEK CONCLUDED

1. Barbara Estinson says:

That is interesting information about Big Bend, Sandy. I did not know there were so many varieties of life there … of all kinds. I can see why you like it. Thanks for desert week.

• Sandy says:

Thank you for following me and making comments. I think one thing about the desert say over the forest is one has to look closer to see things.

2. Barbara Estinson says:

Interesting information about Big Bend. I did not know there were so many varieties of life there. Thanks for desert week, Sandy.

3. Barbara Estinson says:

Oops, I didn’t think the first one posted, so I did it again. Well, I guess I meant it!

4. Di Anne Lewis says:

Southwestern Texas and Big Bend have always had a special fascination for me stemming from Pecos Bill of childhood days – – – just something that to this day is so haunting & magical.

5. Jesse says:

Ok I like desert week again 🙂 … another good week Sandy!